Catholic Daughters

Catholic Daughters of the Americas was founded in 1903 in New York by John E. Carberry and Knights of Columbus as National Order of Daughters of Isabella, and is one of the largest women's organizations in the Americas. It was renamed as Catholic Daughters of the Americas in 1921, and in 1925 it became an independent organization. It has its headquarters in Utica, New York. In 2010 there were 95,000 members in some 1,250 courts (local chapters) in 45 states across the country, and in Puerto Rico, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Guam, and the Virgin Islands.

Purpose
The Daughters have Mary as their patron. They try to exemplify themselves through Christian living. Chapters hold periodic meetings. Annual Book Sale (February) They perform volunteer work. (Our Lady of Lourdes Book & Gift Store)

Abbreviation CDA
Motto Unity & Charity
Formation March 29, 1903 
(109 years ago)
Type Catholic Fraternal Service
Headquarters 10 West 71st Street
New York, New York
National Regent Libby Ramirez
Key people Peggy O'Brien
Website www.catholicdaughters.org