Hello! I am Bronwyn Streck and I am the First Grade teacher here at St. Joseph Catholic School. I am originally from Newkirk, Oklahoma where I was raised on a farm with my five sisters and three brothers. Teaching in a Catholic School is truly a vocation for me. This is my 20th year of teaching and all have been in Catholic Schools. Before teaching here at St. Joe's, I taught First Grade at St. Mary's Catholic School in Ponca City for 13 years. I am so excited to be in First Grade at St. Joseph's! I believe there is nothing greater than teaching and learning in a loving, Christian atmosphere. I am married to Michael David Streck, Jr. (Dave) and we have two children. Isaac, who is now 5 and is in the PreK class here at St. Joes and our adopted son Cooper who is 6months. They are truly a blessing and the joy of our lives! I thoroughly enjoy baking, decorating cakes and cookies, and spending time with my family.
A recent interview with Mrs Streck helped us learn more about her.
- She received her degree at NWOSU in Alva
- Her and her husband live in the country and raise cattle
- She enjoys having game night with her family and friends, including Bunco
- She loves teaching because she believes that there are not many things greater than assisting students to evolve spiritually and experience academic success beyond their expectations.
- Her favorite St Joe's memory is Vocations Day when the students dressed up as a priest or a nun.
- Her favorite traditions at our school are All Saint's Day, Catholic School's Week, Las Posadas and 3 Kings Day
- Lastly, she reported that her favorite part of every school day is praying with her students, as well reading to the students and listening to them read to her.
Thank you Mrs. Streck for ALL you do!!