Hello! My name is Patricia Ray and I am the second grade teacher here at St. Joseph Catholic School. I am originally from Benton, Missouri where I was raised on a farm with my one sister and one brother. This is my 40th year of teaching and my fourth year at St. Joseph's. I retired from Enid Public Schools after 36 years, thinking I was going to relax and just catch up on my reading. After only 2 weeks, the Holy Spirit had other plans for me for which I am truly grateful. I believe there is nothing greater than teaching and learning in a loving, Christian atmosphere. I feel truly honored and privileged to be teaching the sacramental preparation for Reconciliation and the Holy Eucharist along side of Deacon Tony Crispo. I am married to Joe Ray and we have 3 daughters; Beth , Sara and Jodi . We are also the proud grandparents of 6 beautiful grandchildren. They are truly a blessing and the joy of our lives! I thoroughly enjoy gardening, baking cookies for the grandchildren and playing with our border collie, Oakley. Attending my grandchildren's volleyball and football games has also become a very big part of my life.
A recent interview with Mrs. Ray helped us learn more about her.
- She received her degree at Southeast Missouri State University.
- When asked why she had chose to teach at St Joes, she responded that the Holy Spirit had sent her here.
- Her favorite memory here at St. Joes is from her first day, because everybody made her feel so at home, including the students.
- Her favorite tradition at our school is the Feast of St Joseph the Worker.
- Her favorite parts of everyday at school include prayer, visits from Fathers Irwin and Foshe as well as Mathmania and Reading Counts because they are so exciting!
Thank you Mrs. Ray for ALL you do!!